Wednesday, October 22, 2008

14 things you know you listened to

Come on, if you are somewhat around my legal age of 21, I know you grew up listening to this music. So let's get a little nostalgic and a little angsty. Julie's Teenage Years Greatest Hits, take one (song, band, emotional memorable lyric).

1) 'Chop Suey' - System of a Down
"I cry when angels deserve to die"
2) 'Stitches' - Orgy
"I mean fucking you is strange and adored by me throughout
Oh no, it's you again"
3) 'Youth of the Nation' - POD
"We are, we are, the youth of the nation"
4) 'Numb' - Linkin Park
"i'm tired of being what you want me to be
feeling so faithless
lost under the surface"
5) 'Cross out the Eyes' - Thursday
"And the morning dove gets caught in the telephone wire"
6) 'Screaming Infidelities' - Dashboard Confessional
"I'll sit alone and wonder
how you're making out
But as for me, I wish that I was anywhere
with anyone
making out"
7) 'I'd do anything' - Simple Plan
"Another day is going by, 
I'm thinking about you all the time
But you're out there
And I'm here waiting"
8) 'The Anthem' - Good Charlotte
"But my high school
felt more to me
like a jail cell
a penitentiary"
9) 'Seventy Times 7' - Brand New
"Cuz I've seen more spine in jellyfish
Seen more guts in 11 year old kids"
10) 'Nookie' - Limp Bizkit
"I did it all for the Nookie"
11) 'You're so Last Summer' - Taking Back Sunday
"Boys like you are a dime a dozen"
12) 'Without Me' - Eminem
"I know that you gotta job Mz Cheney
But your husband's heart problem's complicating!"
13) ' Fat Lip' - Sum 41
"Trashed my own house party 
Because nobody came!"
14) 'All the Small Things' - Blink 182
"Say it ain't so, I will not go"


Life was easier when music was shitty

Let's rock.

No comments: